CDS Research Navigator Services
The CDS Research Navigator Team can support CDS investigators and collaborators with the development and submission of grant proposals.
To access services, submit a REQUEST FOR RESEARCH NAVIGATOR SERVICES form using this link or CDS Research Navigator Team contacts: Andrea Hussong, CDS Director, or Amy W. Briceño, CDS Associate Director.
Pre-award services include:
- Funding searches when provided with keywords by investigators
- A kick-off meeting with the Principal Investigator (PI)
- Assessing what technical navigator services would benefit the proposal (i.e., scientific consultation, statistical consultation, internal review)
- Budget development
- Coordinating the grant proposal pieces with the PI
- Reviewing biosketches for formatting and compliance (e.g., PMCID numbers)
- Coordinating with outside institutions for subcontract paperwork
- Preparing the grant proposal in agency-specific applications such as Cayuse, Fastlane, or Foundation Portals
- Submitting UNC-CH subcontracts to other institutions
- Routing of proposals on campus through RAMSeS
- Submission of JIT documentation requests